Spectrum TV is one of the best over-the-top cable services that’s home to 30,000 TV shows and channels. Also, the Spectrum TV App has an amazing interface that lets you watch your favorite content on the go. However, the app is not available to download on the Amazon Fire OS Store, which is a problem for many users?
How to get Spectrum TV on Firestick? You can download the Spectrum TV app using any downloading software such as Downloader and ES File Explorer and install it directly on the Firestick.
In this article, I have explained a detailed process to download and install Spectrum on Firestick. Read on to know how to download it, and watch your favorite content whenever you want.
- What is Spectrum TV?
- Does Spectrum TV Work on Firestick? Is There an App Available?
- How Much Does Spectrum TV Cost?
- How to Get Spectrum for Firestick: Everything Explained
- Steps to Download Spectrum TV App on Fire Stick
- Problems When Installing Spectrum TV App on Firestick
- How to Watch Live TV on Fire TV Stick using Spectrum Tv App
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spectrum TV?
Spectrum TV is an amazing app that lets you watch movies, TV shows, and other things that you want. All you need to have is a Spectrum account and a live subscription, and you are good to go. The app has a horde of exclusive content that you can play on Firestick after downloading the app. Below I have listed some amazing features the Spectrum TV app offers.
Easy Search and Navigation
Finding your favorite TV shows and movies on the Spectrum app is easy, thanks to the search bar feature. Just enter the name of the TV show or movie you want to watch, and you can find it on the go.
Apart from watching movies, the app lets you watch live TV. You can have access to local channels and national channels such as news, sports, and more.
The app lets you customize settings, and you can have an amazing viewing experience. You can easily customize the Android app on your Firestick.
On-demand Movies and TV Shows
The Spectrum TV app lets you watch on-demand movies and TV shows. There is a wide variety of on-demand programs you can watch for free.
Does Spectrum TV Work on Firestick? Is There an App Available?
The answer to the first question is yes, and the second question is no. Spectrum TV works on Firestick, but the app is not available on the Fire OS App Store. However, you can download the app from an external source, as explained in this article.
Since Firestick is based on the Android platform, you can easily download apps from external sources.
How Much Does Spectrum TV Cost?
There are multiple subscription plans available for Spectrum TV users. You should have a live subscription in order to watch content on the app. Below I’ve listed a few TV plans along with their prices.
The cost of the plans depends on several factors, such as the location. The prices I have mentioned in this article are subject to change, so it would be great to visit the official website to check the latest prices.
|Spectrum TV Package||Starting Prices||Number of Channels|
|Spectrum TV Gold||$89.99/mo. for 12 months||200+ channels|
|Spectrum TV Silver||$69.99/mo. for 12 months||175+ channels|
|Spectrum TV Select||$44.99/mo. for 12 months||125+ channels|
How to Get Spectrum for Firestick: Everything Explained
In order to get Spectrum TV, you need to download the app first. In addition, you need to enable third-party app permission on Firestick to install apps downloaded from other sources. Below I have mentioned the prerequisites for downloading the Spectrum TV app on Fire Stick.
Enable Third-party App Permissions
Since Firestick is based on an Android platform, you need to give permission to install apps downloaded from external sources. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Press the Home button on the Firestick remote, and select Settings.
- Now scroll and click on Devices. Select Developer Options, and choose “Apps from Unknown Sources.”
- Click on it to enable the option, and you are good to go.
Steps to Download Spectrum TV App on Fire Stick
There are two methods to download the Spectrum TV app, and I have listed both. You can choose any of these methods and get this streaming app on your Fire Stick.
Method 1: Download Spectrum using Downloader
Downloader is an amazing application you can install on Firestick for free. The best part is that this application is available on the official store, so you can download it quickly.
Get the remote and click on the Home button. Now select Search and type Downloader using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select Downloader and click on Download to install the app.
- Once the app gets downloaded, launch it, and click on Ok after the pop-up appears on the screen.
- Now click on Allow to let the application download other apps on your Firestick.
- Once done, you’ll see the home screen of the tool. Paste this link: bit.ly/spctm-fire-tv in the search bar, and clock on Go.
- After the app gets downloaded, you will get an option to install it. Click on Next, and then select Install. Then, wait for the application to get installed on your system.
- Select Open to launch the Fire TV App on Fire Stick. You’ll be asked to enter the Spectrum account credential, enter the details, and click on Sign In.
You can now watch your favorite Spectrum TV content on Firestick.
Method 2: Download Spectrum TV App on Firestick via ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is also a type of downloading the software you can use on the Fire TV Stick. There are plenty of offers the app offers, and you can quickly download it from the Fire OS App Store. Below are the steps to download ES File Explorer and then get the Spectrum TV app.
- Click on the Home button, and select Search.
- Enter ES File Explorer, and get the app installed on your Fire Stick.
- Launch the app, and you’ll see several options on the home.
- Click on the + New button located at the bottom of this tool.
- Copy this link: https://bit.ly/3ihdcza, and paste it into the search bar of the ES File Explorer.
- The app will get downloaded on Firestick, and it may take a few minutes. Once downloaded, you’ll get a prompt on the screen. Click on Open File, and tap on Install.
- Click on Done to finish the installation process, and launch the Spectrum TV App.
- You can now enter your account details to sign in and stream content on the Spectrum app.
Problems When Installing Spectrum TV App on Firestick
A lot of users weren’t able to install the Spectrum app, and I’ve heard about this issue plenty of times. There are many reasons why you also might not be able to install the app in one go. Below I have listed the possible reasons and solutions to download the app quickly.
App Not Installing
If you are not able to install the app, there can be a variety of reasons behind it. The first reason is that there is no storage space available on the Fire Tv Stick. Or you are not using the latest firmware. Sometimes the app does not get installed because of the slow interface. There are different fixes for this problem, and I have listed them one by one.
Restart the Firestick
The first solution is restarting the Fire TV Stick as it refreshes the interface and fixes most issues you are experiencing when installing the Spectrum app.
- Remove the Firestick from the HDMI port, and wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Now plug the device back in, and let the initialization complete.
- You can now install the Spectrum TV app again.
Update the Firmware
If the issue is because of the firmware, the only solution is to update it. Below are the steps to update the Fire Stick firmware.
- Tap on the Home button, and then select Settings.
- Click on My Fire TV, and scroll down to find About.
- Click on About and select Check for System Updates.
- If there is an update available, you will be able to get the latest version.
After the firmware gets installed, the Firestick will reboot, so wait for some time and let the home screen appear before you start installing the Spectrum app again.
Free Some Storage Space
Lack of storage space will not let you install the Spectrum TV or any other app. Thus, you need to make some space for the application.
- Press the Home button, and choose Settings.
- Select My Fire TV, and click on About.
- Choose Storage, and you’ll see all the details regarding the total storage space and the available space.
If the storage space available is less than 200 MB, you should uninstall some applications in order to make space for the Spectrum App. Below are the steps to uninstall apps from Fire Tv Stick.
- Press the Home button and select Settings.
- Now choose Applications, and browse through the list of installed apps on your device.
- Select the app you want to uninstall, and click on it using the remote. The Fire TV Stick will ask you for permission to uninstall the application.
Do this to all the apps you don’t use anymore, and you can get a lot of free space to install new applications.
Firestick Gets Slow
If the firestick gets slow or crashes after installing the Spectrum TV, it may be due to older firmware. Some Firesticks don’t support the latest firmware, and, in that case, you cannot install new apps on them.
The only solution to this problem is to get a new Firestick or watch Spectrum TV on your computer.
How to Watch Live TV on Fire TV Stick using Spectrum Tv App
After you have installed the Spectrum TV app, you can start streaming your favorite content. The app offers a plethora of features, including live TV, that gives you access to hundreds of local channels and international ones.
- Launch the Spectrum TV app on the Firestick and enter your login details.
- Now follow all on-screen instructions, and you’ll see the home screen.
- Click on the Live Tv option available at the top of the screen.
- Wait for the application to load the list of available channels.
- Choose the channel you want to watch, and you can enjoy streaming live TV using the Spectrum app.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you cannot watch Spectrum TV on Firestick for free since the service is available for an amount. There are different subscription plans available, and the base price starts at $49.99/mo. You can visit Spectrum TV’s official website to know more about the prices.
Absolutely! Spectrum TV lets you access on-demand, provided you have an active subscription. The on-demand service also includes 3D and HD movies.
If the Spectrum TV app crashes several times, you can reboot the Firestick. Or look for an available update to ensure the app runs smoothly on the Firestick. If you are still getting issues make sure to check my post about all possible reasons of Spectrum App not Working on Firestick
Yes! Since the app is compatible with Android OS, you can download it on any Firestick version. Make sure to have the latest firmware in order to install the application without any issues.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get Spectrum on Firestick. I have covered multiple methods, and you can opt for any of them to get the app downloaded on your Fire TV Stick. Lastly, make sure to have some free space available on the device to save libraries and other important stuff.
Got any questions in mind? Or not able to download the app? I’m all ears. Drop your questions in the comments section, and I will get back to you shortly.